You Said that You Would Be My Wingman

by - July 31, 2021

 


I was enjoying the view from above when you suddenly came and offered me a tour. “Why sitting there alone? Don’t you wanna fly around?”

Felt like I wanted to hit your head for offering a single winged-angel to fly. I stared at you questioning your sentence, but you stared back with those sleepy eyes. The eyes which sight is as deep as the ocean, so deep I was afraid I would drown in it.

You smiled, flew further and waved at me, asking me to join you. It gave me an unusual feeling: happy yet scared. “I can’t. I only have one wing,” I smiled bitterly because in fact, I really wanted to fly with you.

Your skinny hand touched mine, giving me butterflies and an unexplained electrical shock. “I will be your wingman,” you convinced me. I was still afraid, because I knew that once I fell down, it would hurt so much.

However, my feelings for you were bigger than my fear. I reached your hands and you flew me high, so high that I never wanted to step on the ground again. I was so happy knowing that I could fly again, and it was with you.

My happiness did not last long and my fear became true as the unexpected storm hit us so hard. Our hands were weaker than its blow, and I knew your skinny hands were not strong enough to keep me safe. I knew you were hurt. I glared at you in tears while signaling to let go. You shook your head, disagreeing my will.

Our bleeding hands were still holding onto each other. “If you want me to go, I’ll go,” I smiled at you in pain, wishing you would gain any strength to just hold me longer, but it also hurt me so bad seeing you hurt. I began to close my eyes and surrender all, because seeing you suffer was the saddest part. I just wanted you to be happy.

I could feel my body finally fell freely against the air when suddenly your hands slipped off of my hands. I had no courage to open my eyes for it would be sickening to see your face fade while I was falling. As my body touched the ground, I felt nothing but dead inside. I was broken into pieces for losing my other wing.

In my dying state, came to my mind a thought that maybe I should have never let you fly me that high so I would not fall for you this hard.

#fiction #shortstory #lovestory

You May Also Like

0 comments